- Steam Traps
- Condensate Recovery
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Control Valves, Controllers
- Vortex Flowmeters
- Separators (Cyclone Type)
- Check Valves
- Strainers, Sight Glasses and Other
- Air Vents
- Air and Drain Traps
- Vacuum Steam Heating Systems
- Steam Compressor
- Maintenance Instruments
- Engineering Software
Mechanical Steam Traps
The operation principle for these steam traps utilizes buoyancy.
Also known as 'Float Traps' or 'Bucket Traps'.
Operating Pressure Range: 0 - 12 MPaG
Operating Temperature Range: 0 - 530 °C
Free Float® Steam Trap Series Pamphlet (2056 KB)
Benefits and Features
The operation principle of mechanical traps takes advantage of the difference between the weights of condensate and steam.
TLV manufactures mainly the 'free float steam trap.'
Free float® steam traps offer the following features:
- The float provides an infinite number of contact surfaces with the valve seat, ensuring long service life.
- Air venting feature for improved equipment productivity.
- Compact design with no levers or hinges.
- Large tolerance for backpressure allows for problem-free operation even where condensate is recovered.
Suitable for use in a variety of applications, including steam mains applications such as steam main lines, steam using applications such as heat exchangers, and insulation applications such as tracers.