- Operation Animations
- Steam Traps
- Free Float® Steam Traps for Main Lines: SS series
- Free Float® Steam Traps (Low Pressure): JX/JHX series
- Disc-Type Steam Traps: ThermoDyne®
- Disc-Type Steam Traps: PowerDyne®
- Thermostatic Steam Traps: L-Series
- Temperature Control Traps: LEX-3N TZ
- Condensate Recovery
- PowerTrap® (Mechanical Pump with Built-in Trap): GT-10
- PowerTrap® (Mechanical Pump): GP-10
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Pressure Reducing Valves (Direct Acting for Steam and Air): DR20
- Cyclone Separators
- Cyclone Separators for Steam (with Built-in Trap): DC series
- Strainers, Sight Glasses and Other
- Automatic Non-freeze Valves: NF6
- Air Vents
- Automatic Air Vents: VS1C
- Rapid Initial Air Vents: VA series
- Air Vents for Steam: LA series
- Air and Drain Traps
- Air Traps for High Viscosity Condensate: TATSU2
- Packaged Systems
- Heat Exchanger Systems: SR series
Power trap® with built in trap
When condensate flows into the body through the inlet check valve from the condensate inlet pipe, the float rises and the air inside the body is discharged through the exhaust valve.
As the float rises, the main valve in the trap unit opens. In cases where P1 > Pb (inlet pressure greater than back pressure), condensate is discharged through the outlet check valve to the condensate outlet pipe. (Normal trap function.)
In cases where P1 < Pb (back pressure greater than inlet pressure), condensate cannot be discharged and accumulates in the body.
When the condensate accumulating in the body causes the float to reach its highest position, the pushrod of the snap-action unit quickly rises, closing the exhaust valve and opening the motive medium intake valve. The pressure inside the body becomes greater than back pressure through the additional pressure supplied by the motive medium, closing the inlet check valve and opening the outlet check valve. Condensate is discharged to the outlet pipe.
The float falls with the dropping water level in the body through the discharge of accumulated condensate. When the float reaches its lowest position, the pushrod of the snap-action drops rapidly, opening the exhaust valve and closing the intake valve.