The PowerTrap® is a pump that transports condensate, powered by pressure from steam or compressed air without the use of electricity.
It is ideal for use in open systems* which collect condensate from steam-using equipment for the purposes of recovering heat energy and recycling treated water.
* for closed systems, see GT10.
Features and Benefits
- Powered by steam or compressed air, no need for electricity
- Mechanical pump, suitable for use in explosion-proof areas
- Inline maintenance possible
- Compact, space-saving (GP10L)
- Optional cycle counter available to assist in monitoring pump cycles, scheduling maintenance, and estimating flow volume.
GP Series Benefits
Instantaneous switching between motive medium / exhaust valves
- Unique snap-action mechanism instantaneously opens or closes the motive medium inlet and exhaust valves. This prevents leakage of the motive medium and erosion of the valve/valve seat that tends to occur with crank mechanism pumps.
- Stainless steel internal parts and durable compression coil spring.
- Maintenance is possible without removal of piping.
- Fast and easy cleaning of intake valve, which is prone to scale build up, by simply opening a plug to remove (GP10).
Stainless steel check valves for durability.
- Newly-developed high-capacity CK3MG and CKF3MG check valves (CKF3MG for flanged GP10).
- Improved durability, quiet operation and reduced return hammer after condensate discharge.
- Center-guided for maximum reliability, even with dirty condensate.
- Transport high temperature condensate
- Pump condensate from low-pressure areas to high-pressure areas
- Remove condensate from vacuum pressure system
- Can collect and transport condensate from multiple equipment
- Suitable for use on equipment situated at low levels
- Requires installation of a separate steam trap for each piece of equipment
- Requires a vent line to discharge flash steam to atmosphere