- Success Stories
- 1. Food & Beverage
- 2. Oil Refinery
- 3. Animal Feed Processing
- 4. Textiles & Laundry Services
- 5. Other
TLV's flash steam recovery system cuts launderer's costs and reduces emissions
TLV Euro Engineering (Cheltenham, UK)
TLV Euro Engineering has designed and supplied a flash steam recovery system for Watford Launderers and Cleaners’ new laundry batch washer in order to help the company cope with an 870-tonne annual demand as well as reduce its costs.
Watford Launderers and Cleaners processes around 400,000 linen pieces per week for four- and five-star hotels in London.
Following a review of their steam system, TLV presented the company with a concrete plan of the benefits and approximate payback period related to installing a steam handling system that provides flash steam for the batch washer and a small amount of live steam from the boiler at the beginning of each day.
Key Benefits of Product Application
- The system has saved the customer hundreds of tonnes of steam since installation and achieved payback in seven months.
- Carbon emissions have also been reduced.
- A follow-up meeting between TLV and Watford Launderers and Cleaners’ engineers ensured the system worked smoothly
- Steve Haddow, laundry engineer at Watford Launderers and Cleaners, affirmed that he was impressed with the assistance provided by TLV throughout the process.