Steam quality has a direct effect on production. Dirt, scale, and condensate droplets within steam can cause valve erosion. The accumulation of condensate on the inlet side of equipment can cause water hammer. Lower steam dryness can reduce heat transfer efficiency.
The CV-COS helps resolve these problems. The bottom part of the valve features a built-in cyclone separator and a Free Float® steam trap, providing dry, high-quality steam for process applications.The top part of the valve features a compact pneumatic actuator with integrated I/P positioner. This feature saves space and simplifies steam system layout, piping and maintenance. Additionally, Zero/span adjustment can be performed by simple dial rotation.
Features & Benefits
Provides dry, high-quality steam for process applications.
- Built-in cyclone separator and self-modulating Free Float® steam trap provide dry, high-quality steam supply improving productivity and product quality for process applications.
- Removal of condensate while valve is closed reduces scale adhesion and water hammer.
- One combination I/P positioner/actuator (I/P positioned actuator) saves space and simplifies system layout, piping and maintenance.
- Top mounting of the I/P positioned actuator eliminates passerby damage and misadjustment associated with side-mount components.
- Combined large-surface-area screen for trap and separator reduces cost and piping space.
- Zero/span adjustment can be performed by simple dial rotation.
- Self-adjusting chevron packing minimizes seal leaks, stem wear and stiction/hysteresis problems.
|Model||Appearance||Max Operating Pressure (barg)||Max Operating Temperature (°C)||Product Specifications|