Safety Countermeasures for Customers Using PCV-1 Primary Pressure Control Valve
Thank you for your continued use of TLV products.
We regret to inform you that there has been an incident involving the PCV-1 primary pressure control valve (or surplussing valve) in which the cover cap became damaged during maintenance conducted by a valued customer.
For normal operation, there is no risk of such an incident. However, when the adjustment screw is tightened in excess of the amount made clear in the instruction manual, there is the possibility of damage to the upper part of the cover, which may lead to injury.
Therefore, in order to prevent such incidents, we are implementing safety countermeasures (product replacement, or the installation of a safety device) free of charge.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but we request that customers using the applicable products please contact TLV.
PCV-1 (primary pressure control valve) manufactured between 2002 and 2015
- S.NO (serial number) or LOT (production lot number) beginning with either of the following letters: M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z (e.g. MA12345)
PCV-1 manufactured between January and September 2016
- S.NO (serial number) or LOT (production lot number) beginning with either of the following two letters: AO, AP, AQ, AR, AS, AT, AU, AV, AW (e.g. AO12345)
How to Confirm
Please check the product nameplate for the outlined area to confirm S.NO or LOT.
Please contact TLV at:
- pcv1safety [at] tlv.co.jp
When sending an email to the address above, please be sure to replace "[at]" with the @ symbol, and remove the spaces. Then send your email.
Make sure to include the following information:
- Company name and address (incl. country)
- S.NO or LOT of the PCV-1 (in full)