This pump is mechanically operated with steam or compressed and does not require electricity. Effective at eliminating pooled condensate from inside equipment.
The PowerTrap® is capable of discharging condensate under conditions in which a steam trap alone would not suffice.
Suitable for use on closed systems* for the complete recovery of condensate heat and water from steam-using equipment.
* for open systems, see:
Features and Benefits
- Powered by steam or compressed air, no need for electricity
- Mechanical pump, suitable for use in explosion-proof installations
- Built-in trap allows for use on applications where pressures fluctuate from vacuum pressures to positive pressures.
- Inline maintenance possible
- Compact, space-saving (GT10L)
GT Series Benefits
Built-in steam trap
- Internal high-capacity steam trap
- When the GT inlet pressure is greater than back pressure, the GT acts as a steam trap, continuously discharging condensate. When the GT inlet pressure is less than back pressure, the GT acts as a mechanical pump, forcing out the condensate.
- Automatically switches between pump and trap operation, with no need for steam trap sizing.
Instantaneous switching between motive medium / exhaust valves
- Unique snap-action mechanism instantaneously opens or closes motive medium inlet and exhaust valves. This prevents leakage of the motive medium and valve / valve seat erosion that tends to occur with crank mechanism pumps.
- Stainless steel internal parts and durable compression coil spring.
- No need to detach from piping to perform maintenance.
- Fast and easy cleaning of intake valve, which is prone to scale build up, by simply opening a plug to remove (GT10).
Stainless steel check valves for durability.
- Newly-developed high-capacity CK3MG and CKF3MG check valves (CKF3MG for flanged GT10).
- Improved durability, quiet operation and reduced return hammer after condensate discharge.
- Center-guided for maximum reliability, even with dirty condensate.
- Transport of high temperature condensate
- Pumping of condensate from low-pressure areas to high-pressure areas
- Removal of condensate from vacuum pressure system
- Steam trap is built-in, no need for external trap
- No flash steam discharge
- Small reservoir; smaller than receiver on open systems
- As it contains a steam trap, one PowerTrap® system should be used for each area where there is steam-using equipment.
- There is a minimum height requirement to ensure that condensate flows naturally, by gravity, to the GT10 / GT10L (GT10: approx. 1 m, GT10L: approx. 0.5 m)