TLV CORPORATION is pleased to announce the newest addition to the Powertrap® family, the GT5C. The TLV Powertrap® series helps prevent heat exchanger stall when process steam pressure drops below system back pressure.
Members of the Powertrap® family help provide stable temperature control, prevent water hammer, and reduce maintenance costs due to damage or corroded tube bundles. They also provide effective condensate recovery, reducing boiler fuel costs due to energy recovery, reducing water treatment costs due to recovered water, and reducing effluent treatment and disposal costs.
Features and Benefits
- Handles high-temperature condensate without cavitation.
- No electric power or additional level controls required, hence INTRINSICALLY SAFE.
- Extremely low 6 inch filling head
- Simplified piping (no exhaust pipe required) and linear inlet/outlet greatly reduce installation time.
- Easy, inline access to internal parts simplifies cleaning and reduces maintenance costs.
- High-quality stainless steel internals and hardened working surfaces ensure reliability.
- Compact design permits installation in a compact space.
Advanced Technology in a Compact Body
- Multi-bank steam air heaters
- Air handling units, air fan heaters
- Small heat exchangers with widely fluctuating loads
- Heaters with brazing that might be damaged by stall conditions
- Equipment in which water hammer can be heard
Stall Condition Symptoms and Potential GT5C Solution
- Water Hammer
- Sub-cooled Temperature (cold)
- Tube Leaks, Joint Leaks
- Stratified Coil
- Temperature Swings
Powertrap® GT5C Combines Mechanical Pump and Steam Trap with Low Filling Head
The Powertrap® GT5C is an incredibly compact mechanical pump with a steam trap to discharge condensate not only when pressure inside the equipment is high, but also pumping out condensate by using steam as a motive medium when the pressure inside the equipment is low. The GT5C also enables simplified piping in comparison to existing mechanical pumps.
Installation Piping Example for Existing Mechanical Pump*
Installation Piping Example for GT5C*
Reduces Installation Space, Time, and Cost
- Only motive medium intake pipe required - no exhaust pipe necessary
- Inlet/outlet piping is linear, streamlined and efficient allowing for easy replacement of existing steam trap
- Built-in air vent and check valves reduce external installation
Condensate Outlet Height of 170 mm
- Usable with low condensate outlet heat exchangers
- Inlet/outlet check valves and motive medium intake valve unit are removable while connected to the piping
- These valves/units can be removed by loosening two bolts
- The body can be disassembled by removing six bolts while still connected to the piping
* Actual installation differs depending on the desired discharge capacity and operating conditions, etc.
See product specifications data sheet (SDS) for details.
|Model||Appearance||Max Operating Pressure (psig)||Max Operating Temperature (°F)||Specifications|