- Steam Traps
- Condensate Recovery
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Control Valves, Controllers
- Check Valves
- Air Vents
- Air and Drain Traps
- Peripheral Equipment
- Vacuum Steam Heating Systems
- Maintenance Instruments
- Engineering Software
Mechanical Steam Traps
Mechanical steam traps utilize buoyancy to open and close the valve.
Also known as 'Float Traps' or 'Bucket Traps'.
Operating Pressure Range: Vacuum - 1,740 psig
Operating Temperature Range: 32 - 986 °F
Free Float® and Other Float Steam Trap Discharge Capacities Pamphlet (257 KB)
Free Float® Steam Traps for Process Use
Free Float® Steam Traps for High Temperature, High Pressure Use
Free Float® Steam Traps for Steam Mains and Tracer Lines
Singapore Refining Company Teams Up with TLV for Major Energy Savings
TLV Steam Traps aid refurbishment of Marshall steam engine
Free Float® Steam Trap JX/JHX series (Animation)
Free Float® Steam Trap SS series (Animation)
Benefits and Features
The operation principle of mechanical traps takes advantage of the difference between the specific gravities of condensate and steam.
Free Float® steam traps, a TLV invention, are our flagship series of mechanical steam traps. Free Float® steam traps offer the following features:
- The spherical float provides an infinite number of contact surfaces with the valve seat, ensuring long service life.
- Air venting feature for improved equipment productivity.
- Compact design with no levers or hinges.
- Large tolerance for backpressure allows for problem-free operation even where condensate is recovered.
Mechanical traps are suitable for use in a variety of applications, including steam main lines, heat exchangers, and insulation applications such as tracers.