- Steam Traps
- Condensate Recovery
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Control Valves, Controllers
- Check Valves
- Air Vents
- Air and Drain Traps
- Peripheral Equipment
- Vacuum Steam Heating Systems
- Maintenance Instruments
- Engineering Software
Temperature Control Traps
Bimetal-type temperature control steam traps with a built-in scale removal function.
Operating Pressure Range: 15 - 650 psig
Operating Temperature Range: 32 - 662 °F
Benefits and Features
A bimetal element is used for temperature sensing, and the user is able to set the condensate discharge temperature.
- Energy Conservation
- Discharges condensate at the desired temperature below the saturation temperature of steam.
- The sensible heat in the condensate is also used, making it possible to minimize the amount of steam used.
- Long Service Life
- The overexpansion mechanism protects the bimetal element from being subjected to excessive force, thereby minimizing deterioration of the bimetal.
- Easy Maintenance
- Condensate discharge temperature is adjustable without disconnecting the trap from the piping.
- The trap can also be disassembled and reassembled while still installed in the piping.
- Built-in Scale Removal Function (LEX3N-TZ, FX1).
- Clogs in the valve seat can be eliminated without disassembling the trap.
Applications designed to utilize sensible heat of condensate
- Main Applications
- Suitable for steam tracing lines or storage tank coils ONLY IF the required product viscosity will be maintained when the condensate is sub-cooled at least 15 °C (27°F), even to the point of the condensate having a lower temperature than the product temperature.
- Suitable for use on instrument enclosures ONLY IF the steam or condensate temperature in the enclosures will NOT damage the instrument.
- Suitable for use as an external air vent for TLV steam traps, or as a non-freeze valve for freeze protection of condensate lines.