- Steam Traps
- Condensate Recovery
- Pressure Reducing Valves
- Control Valves, Controllers
- Check Valves
- Air Vents
- Air and Drain Traps
- Peripheral Equipment
- Vacuum Steam Heating Systems
- Maintenance Instruments
- Engineering Software
Free Float® Steam Traps (Medium / High Pressure)
Free Float steam traps that offer continuous discharge and are optimal for processes. Mid to high pressure use, up to 1,740 psig. Some models for use in main lines also available.
Operating Pressure Range: Vacuum - 1,740 psig
Operating Temperature Range: 32 - 986 °F
Benefits and Features
- Improved Efficiency of Heating Equipment
- The Free Float® rises and sinks as the flow of condensate fluctuates, opening the valve to discharge condensate and closing off the valve when steam enters.
- The built-in X-element (model names including 'X') functions as an air vent, discharging both cool and hot air. As a result, the steam chamber inside the equipment contains only steam, which allows the equipment to achieve optimized heating performance.
- The built-in bimetal (model names including 'B') functions as an air vent, discharging initial cold air for rapid start-up.
- Long Service Life, Excellent Durability
- The spherical Free Float rotates during operation, allowing any point on its surface to act as the valve seal and thus ensuring long service life.
- Protects Equipment
- 'Fail Open' Design: The X-element is designed to fail open so that the valve remains open even in the event of failure.
- Also for Use on Mid/High-Pressure Main Lines
- The JH7 series employs the same 3-point seating construction found in products for use on main lines. The float is held tightly against the valve opening even under small condensate loads such as in superheated steam lines, so no steam is allowed to escape.
Especially suitable for steam processes.
- Main Applications
- Heat exchangers, reactor kettles, vulcanizing pans, jacketed kettles, roller heat exchangers, cylinder dryers, steam main lines (some models), etc.