- Success Stories
1. Food & Beverage
- Major Australian Bakery Rises with Low-Pressure Steam
- SteamAqua Offers Instantaneous Hot Water via Indirect Heating with Steam
- TLV Helps China Brewery Greatly Improve Equipment Reliability
- TLV supplies steam equipment to Ringwood Brewery
- TLV Provides a Sweet Solution to Tangerine's Hot Water Supply
- TLV valve improves heat transfer at Greencore site
- 2. Oil Refinery
- 3. Animal Feed Processing
- 4. Textiles & Laundry Services
- 5. Film
- 6. Logistics
- 7. Other
TLV Steam Traps aid refurbishment of Marshall steam engine
TLV Euro Engineering (Cheltenham, UK)
Steam traps from TLV Euro Engineering have been used in the refurbishment of a 300hp vertical triple-expansion reciprocating steam engine at the Museum of Power near Maldon, Essex.
The steam engine — known as Marshall — dates back to the 1930s and was fitted with a refurbished 30-year-old steam boiler from Felixstowe Docks using equipment and services from TLV.
The company supplied its cast stainless steel J3S-X free-float steam traps and brass-bodied LV13N balanced-pressure thermostatic steam traps.
J3S-X free-float steam traps
- These steam traps can be installed on equipment that uses steam as a heat source; they provide continuous, smooth, low-velocity condensate discharge as loads vary.
- They have a single moving part — the Free Float® — preventing concentrated wear and therefore the requirement for maintenance.
- The steam traps are compact and feature large condensate discharge capacities.
- They are equipped with an X-element air vent to provide an automatic air-vent function.
LV13N balanced-pressure thermostatic steam traps
- These steam traps feature a ‘fail-open’ design.
- They are operated by the temperature difference between steam and condensate.
- They incorporate a multi-diaphragm construction for long service life.